In this partner recording to Buddhism for Busy People, David Michie provides four different guided meditations to help you begin your own meditation practice right away.
- The best physical and psychological posture (5 mins)
- Useful tools for your meditations (5 mins)
- Meditation 1 – Breathing meditation: nine cycle technique (10 mins). A time-honoured meditation to settle the mind and cultivate profound calm
- Meditation 2 – The healing power of Medicine Buddha (20 mins). Connect to the healing qualities of your own mind through this powerful visualisation
- Meditation 3 – Cultivating compassion: taking and giving (20 mins). One of Tibetan Buddhism’s most loved meditations to develop heartfelt compassion and happiness
- Meditation 4 – Analytical meditation: the benefits of the perfection of generosity (10 minutes) Bringing the mindfulness of bodhichitta to daily life